books and journals (2) : sell, swap, buy

Wayles Browne ewb2 at CORNELL.EDU
Wed Jul 26 20:23:40 UTC 2000

Dear SEELANGS readers,

I am searching for:

A magyar nyelv e'rtelmezo" szo'ta'ra (Budapest 1959--), volume 6 and later.

U'j magyar lexikon (Budapest 1961--), volume 4 and later.

I.I.Sreznevskij, Materialy dlja slovarja drevnerusskogo jazyka
(Moscow, 1958--),
volume 2 (L to P); I have vols. 1 and 3.

Slownik Praslowian'ski, F.Slawski, ed.,
vol.  2, 3, 7 (and any later volumes).

Slownik Etymologiczny Je,zyka Polskiego, F. Slawski ed.,
Zeszyt 5 (begins with ile), Tom II Zeszyt 1(6) (ends with kaznodzieja),
Tom III (begins after kot) and IV, and anything following Tom IV Zeszyt
4(24) (anything after the word *L/uzgna,c').

I would be happy to buy these for a reasonable price,
or to exchange any of the following duplicate copies for them.

I offer for exchange or for sale:

S"postavitelno ezikoznanie (Sofija) 4-5'95, 6'95, 1'96, 2'96, 3'96.
Slovo (Staroslavenski zavod, Zagreb) 41-43; 44-46, in two parts; 47-49.
Radovi Zavoda za slavensku filologiju (Zagreb) 27 (1992).
Knjiz^evnost i jezik (Beograd) 1 (1963).
Makedonska akademija na naukite i umetnostite. Oddelenie za lingvistika
i literaturna nauka. Prilozi VII/1 (Skopje 1982); XII/1 (Skopje 1987).
Slovo a slovesnost(Prague)  issues 1-4 (1967).
Nauc^ni sastanak slavista u Vukove dane 13/1 for 1983 (Rod i broj u
srpskohrvatskom
jeziku). Beograd 1984.
Milivoje Pavlovic', Osnovi metodike nastave srpskohrvatskog jezika i
knjizevnosti. Beo-
grad 1962.
Josip Silic', Od rec^enice do teksta (Zagreb 1984).
Morfologija slovenskega jezika. (Lectures of Fr. Ramovs^). Ljubljana 1952.
H.Galton, The main functions of the Slavic verbal aspect (Skopje 1976).
Branivoj Djordjevic', Elementi srpskohrvatske dikcije; akcenat, retorika,
versifikacija (Beograd 1970).
Arne Gallis, Beiträge zur Syntax der Richtungsverba in den slavischen Sprachen;
besonders im Serbokroatischen (Oslo 1973).
Stanko Korac', Pregled knjiz^evnog rada Srba u Hrvatskoj (Zagreb 1987).
Voprosy slovoobrazovanija i leksikologii drevnerusskogo jazyka (Moskva 1974).
Mashinnyj perevod i prikladnaja lingvistika. Vypusk 13 (Moskva 1970), vypusk
16 (Moskva 1972).
A.A. Magometov. Agul'skij jazyk. [Grammar of a Caucasian language in
Daghestan.] Tbilisi 1970.
Obs^c^eslavjanskij lingvistic^eskij atlas. Materialy i issledovanija.
1970 (Moskva
1972); 1972 (Moskva 1974).

L.Muravyova, Verbs of Motion in Russian. (Moscow, no date, text in English.)
A.A.Potebnja, Udarenie (Kiev 1973).

If you want any of these, please don't reply to SEELANGS; rather, write
to me directly, ewb2 at cornell.edu.

Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics
Morrill Hall 220, Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)