Need help checking a Russian video site!

Benjamin Sher sher07 at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed Mar 15 02:18:56 UTC 2000

Dear friends:

There is a fabulous Russian video site called Nash Dom Penza at:

http://nashdom.penza.com.ru/index.html

You will find it on my Index under Multimedia -- Video -- in Russian --
Nash Dom.

This site has wonderful Russian videos, usually ten or so a day. If you
go to the bottom of the list under the Real logo, you will find "Archiv
novostei". If you click on it, you will discover hundreds of videos from
the past three months or so. They are a treasure-trove. I had occasion
to view them a year ago when I was using Windows. Now I use Netscape.

BIG QUESTION OF THE DAY: Do these videos work on your browser? In
Internet Explorer or Netscape? There seems to be some sort of HTML
problem involved in the coding (according to an expert I consulted),
because, in Netscape, at least, they do not work. When you click on a
video link, a Netscape box comes up and says: " Get your Netscape
plugin".

While I am personally thrilled with Linux (and we just got our full
RealPlayer7 with plugins for Linux), I know that nearly all of you use
Windows or Mac. So, I think it is important to know whether you are
having any problems viewing these great videos.

If you DO, if you can NOT access these videos, may I ask for you to
contact Nash Dom and send them a simple note telling them that you
cannot view their fine videos. You might wish to mention whether you are
using Windows or Mac, IE or Netscape, but that is really not important.
The problem is in the coding, and once that is fixed, it will solve
everybody's problem.

Let me therefore make a special plea for you to check the site and, if
it doesn't work for you, just email them a note at their email address,
which is located at the top, to the right of their NASH DOM logo (along
with their telephone numbers, etc.). Just click on it. It will bring up
your email program, and a simple note.

It's only this way that we'll convince them to fix this dreadful problem
(assuming that the problem is real, of course).

Thank you so very much.

Benjamin

--
Benjamin and Anna Sher