Need help checking a Russian video site!

Benjamin Sher sher07 at BELLSOUTH.NET
Wed Mar 15 20:32:04 UTC 2000

Dear Ernie:

Thanks so very much for your help. The problem is clearly NOT on your
computer or with Netscape. It has to do with the fact that Penza's
webmaster is trying to launch an explicit plugin with Java routines. So
says Jose Sanchez, one of our resident gurus on the Linux-Mandrake list,
who investigated the matter for me. His expertise is sound problems on
the Net. The reason you can see them on IE instead of Netscape is that
IE uses a different approach. That's as far as I understand it, being
just a non-techie Russian translator. Let's hope some of these emails
make the people at Penza aware of the problem.

By the way, you can now watch Moscow's TV 6 Live from Moscow using
Windows Media Player (which you can download automatically from the
station's site). Address:

http://www.tv6.ru

You will find TV6 along with Ch11 (in Russian) from the Ukraine on my
Index under Multimedia -- Video -- in Russian.

Thanks again.

Benjamin
--
Benjamin and Anna Sher