English calques and pseudo-anglicisms (Summary)

James Bailey jobailey at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Thu Mar 23 16:28:08 UTC 2000

Heinrich Pfandl,
      Are you sure that "no problem" isn't a Germanism?  I too never heard
the expression in English but when I went to Germany in the mid 50's in the
army I heard it from German speakers very often.   Das ist kein
Problem.  My impression is that Americans only in the last decade or so
started using the expression.
      Jim Bailey

-
James Bailey