Khrushchev's bury remark

Marta Sherwood-Pike msherw at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Mon May 8 17:36:59 UTC 2000

Mistranslation isn't exactly the right term, but isn't this colloquial
expression equivalent to the English "I'll bring flowers to your funeral,"
meaning, in both cases, at the rate you're going, I/we expect to outlive
you.  Martha Sherwood