"to go"

David Powelstock d-powelstock at UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue May 16 16:23:01 UTC 2000

Czech: "s(e) sebou"
Russian: "s soboi" (I think...)

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU]On Behalf Of Denis Crnkovic
Sent: Tuesday, 16 May 2000 9:24 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: "to go"

Here is a questions for the company at large, something less important to
think about at the busiest time of the year: Since I do not frequent fast
food enterpirses either here or abroad I was at a loss to answer my
students' questions about the fast food lexicon in Russia, Hungary and the
Czech Rep. Can anyone tell me what the formula is for "to go" (as in "2
cheeseburgers and a large fries, to go") in Russian, Czech and Hungarian?

With thanks in advance,

Denis C.

Denis Crnkovic, PhD
Associate Professor of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures/ Russian
Director of Russian Language & Area Studies
Gustavus Adolphus College
Saint Peter, Minnesota 56082

507-933-7389
507-933-6066 [fax]