"to go"

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Tue May 16 17:39:16 UTC 2000

>"s soboi" is definitely correct...I order food to go in Moscow several
>times
>a month and I've heard no other variation yet...

I guess I would have to present my dissenting view publicly. My suggestion
is "na vynos" (which does not exclude the use of "s soboj" of course). Let
me refer you to BTS p. 176, "prodavat' vino, pivo na vynos". Most recently
I heard it in some TV movie (within the last couple of months).

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University                phone:  (202) 885-2387
4400 Mass. Ave., NW                     fax:    (202) 885-1076
Washington, DC 20016

aisrael at american.edu