MSWord accented Cyrillic text

Alexandre Bougakov bougakov at MAIL.RU
Fri Oct 27 14:03:07 UTC 2000

Hello, David,

DEC> The Combining Diacritical Marks are the ones you would
DEC> use;  when inserted (by double-clicking on the desired character in
DEC> the grid), they appear in your document immediately over the
DEC> character which precedes them without advancing the cursor.  So, to
DEC> type accented "a", first type in "a" then insert the combining acute
DEC> accent immediately following.

And how do you insert Cyrillic 'u', 'jy' and 'ja' with accents?

The obvious solution was to go to the Microsoft's website. I did it -
and I have found the wonderful page called Office Extensions -
http://www.microsoft.ru/offext/ and downloaded very small script
called Stress97. It can insert accent above _any_ character - even
Korean or Chinese.

Get it from http://www.microsoft.ru/offext/getfile.asp?id=32
(18 kilobytes) It's free.

By the way, there are lots of other scripts and even big applications
designed for MS Office family. All of them are very interesting and
useful.

Cordially,
Alexandre Bougakov <bougakov at mail.ru>
monitoring.ru