transliteration

Mila Saskova-Pierce mzs at UNLSERVE.UNL.EDU
Mon Oct 30 14:12:31 UTC 2000

Mocrosoft Word and Windows have keyboard for many alphabets, including
Czech.  You can toggle among the keyboard by clicking on the litle blue
square in the right corner.  (It should say En if you type in English.)
However, you need to install the other languages as options from the
program CD, they do not come automatically.

Also, in word perfect you can make your own keyboards, by assigning letters
from the International chart to different combination of keys. I use the
alt key plus "a" for accented a, alt plus c for ch, etc.  In order to read
you on their computer, however, people have to have WP, or microsoft Word,
your version.

Mila

>Thank you to all who responded with help on transliteration systems of
>cyrillic.
>
>But can anyone tell me which is the system which has "ju" for the
>penultimate letter and the Czech "c" with an upside-down circumflex accent
>on it for the first letter of Chekhov etc? Will I find it on the Net?

>                http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/

Dr. Mila Saskova-Pierce
University of Nebraska
1133 Oldfather Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588-0315
Tel:  (402) 472 1336