enrollments again

Emily Tall mllemily at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Fri Sep 8 18:45:38 UTC 2000

Dear colleagues: Here at SUNY Buffalo the semester has already begun
and, would you believe, I have 22 students in my first semester class (4
more than last year) and this with no advertising or recruitment
efforts. The students' reasons for taking Russian vary, with two (adult)
students having been involved in exchanges, some having friends, some
having taken it in elementary school (two), and a few because they had
"free time" and wanted to study it. I don't know how many will continue,
of course. Having 22 students in a class that stresses oral work is not
a good idea, but that's the way my university administration wants it.
    Cheers to all, Emily Tall