freedom of the press

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Wed Sep 20 01:26:18 UTC 2000

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Pavel Samsonov wrote:

> [...]
snip

> Pavel
>
> Texas A&M University

It reminds me a story that I heard long time ago about an old lady who was
a Decembrist's granddaughter. I'll try to retell it now for those who are
not familiar with it.
It was during the February revolution of 1917.
The lady, hearing a lot of noise from a large demonstration passing her
house in Petrograd, asks her maid to find out what's happening.
The maid comes back shortly,
-Revolution. The Tsar has abdicated.
-Oh, heaven, my grandpa so deeply wanted it. Please, go and find out
what they want.
The maid comes back and says,
-They want to have nobody rich in Russia anymore.
-That's strange. My grandpa wanted to have nobody poor in Russia.

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at acsu.buffalo.edu>