"Slav"

JMD dintinjana at SIOL.NET
Thu Sep 21 15:44:50 UTC 2000

> Svet - light, world (although more like the english 'earth' I think)
- Yes, in Slovenian 'svet' is also used as 'land' (e.g. 'this is my land,
from here to there),
and 'svetel' means 'light'. In the old days they also used 'svitel'.
> Vselennaia - universe
The older (poetic) Slovenian word for cosmos = vsemirje (Serbo-Croatian =
svemir), literally
vse+mir+je (all+peace+is / I'm not sure the 'je' part really was a verb).

Not to forget: Dawn = Svit.:-)
Regards, Mia.