a question about non-standard Russian

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at YT.CACHE.WASEDA.AC.JP
Thu Apr 12 10:36:18 UTC 2001

Hello,
  I wonder if someone on this list will help me
regarding vernacular Russian.
  I am currently engaged in editing stenogrammes, recorded
at a workers' meeting that took place in Petrograd in January 1918,
and have come across several cases of a redundant pronoun in the
nominative case:
     Takoj obshirnyj gromadnyj apparat on dolzhen byl imet' trenija,..

     Eti organizacii, kotoryja rodilis' pri byvshem uzhe otchasti
       kapitalisticheskom stroe, one v pervuju ochered' postavili
       svoej zadachej ob"edinenie rachochikh sil, konechno, v
       bor'be za uluchshenie svoego ekonomicheskago polozhenija.

I looked in the grammar book wondering if there were explanations,
but no reference at all. I am familiar with this kind of redundant
pronoun in English on the British Isles and have a preconception
that this truly records what the speaker actually said.
 Any pointers to good reference books are welcome. Thanks.

Cheers,
Tsuji

-----
P.S.
Thank you, Alina. Yes, indeed. I have been reminded of
"my mistress"/"mistress of the house", ma femme/femme,
mein Weib/Weib, etc. Thank you for the enlightenment.