Kushat' i est' revisited

Alexander Boguslawski ABoguslawski at ROLLINS.EDU
Fri Apr 27 16:52:13 UTC 2001

I have abstained from participating in the kushat'/est' debate, but
since it came back, I have to share with the list...Excuse my use of
transliterated Russian...

-- Idet chelovek po ulice, vez'de vidit afishi: "Esh'te rybu! Kushajte
rybu!"  Zakhodit v magazin s ryboj.
-- Devushka, vzves'te mne, pozhalujsta kilo ryby!
-- Natu ryby.
-- Kak netu?  Vez'de napisano: "Esh'te rybu! Kushajte rybu!"
-- Znaete, u nas na ambare napisano "Govno" (choose your favorite
expletive), a v ambare... drova.

Cheers,

Alexander Boguslawski