AAASS 2001 Convention Preliminary Program

Jolanta M. Davis jmdavis at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Apr 30 17:53:09 UTC 2001

Dear Colleagues,

The Preliminary Program of the 33rd National Convention of the American
Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS) is now available
on the AAASS Web site:
www.fas.harvard.edu/~aaass
The program features 330 panels and roundtables in such varied disciplines
as literature, linguistics, history, geography, political science,
economics, etc.
If you are a current AAASS member you will receive a printed version of the
preliminary program in your May NewsNet.
Please note that there might be minor changes to the program, such as the
time and/or room assignment for a panel or meeting, but no new panels or
roundtables will be added. The final program will be available in a printed
format at the convention and in electronic format at our Web site shortly
before the convention.

The Convention will be held from Thursday, November 15, through Sunday,
November 18, 2001, in Crystal City (Arlington), Virginia, just minutes from
Washington, D.C. We will be split between two hotels for this convention:
the Hyatt Regency Crystal City and the Washington National Airport Hilton
in Crystal City. The discount room rate for the convention participants is
$120.00. The two hotels are less than a ten-minute walk from each other,
and shuttle buses will run between both hotels. We will have sleeping rooms
and meeting space in both hotels. The Registration Desk and the Exhibit
Hall will be at the HYATT. This is where we have our main block of meeting
space and sleeping rooms. For more information about room reservation,
please see our Web Site.

Registration for AAASS members is $65.00, for students $25.00, and for
non-members $75.00. Please note that on-site registration will be $15.00
higher--to avoid paying the higher price, please register before October 7,
2001. You may download a pre-registration form from our Web site.

With any questions about the convention, please contact the AAASS
Convention Coordinator: Wendy Walker, e-mail: walker at fas.harvard.edu,
phone: 617-495-0678, fax: 617-495-0680.

Jolanta M. Davis
Publications Coordinator and NewsNet Editor
American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS)
8 Story Street
Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
tel.: (617) 495-0679
fax: (617) 495-0680