class Wednesday

Denis Crnkovic cronk at GAC.EDU
Wed Feb 7 19:55:07 UTC 2001

Well, dorogie studenty!

They closed the schools in Mankato and St Peter, so I came home for lunch
to check on my daughter (who would rather be home alone, anyhow). The sun
was coming out in Mankato, so I had lunch and started back to St Peter and
it was snowing to beat the band as soon as I got just north of the DQ on
169 and the road was icy, so I came back.. and of course there's no snow
here; so I don't know whether to feel stupid or just dumb.

In any case,  here are the assignments for Friday (we don't meet on Thursdays):

1. Read carefully through the pages on the soft stem adjectives (Section
6.2, pp. 170 and 171) and write out the exercise on page 171 (write out the
whole sentence, not just the answers). The point of this section to learn
about and practice "soft" adjectives. Certain adjectives, not many, always
have a sot, or palatalized, stem, i.e. there is always a "y-glide" attached
to the consonant to which you add the endings. You can tell these
adjectives from the FEMININE form, which ends in "-yaya" (two "backward
r's" together).  The only adjective we have so far in this soft category is
"siniy", "dark blue".

2. Also, please write out exercise 1 from the workbook, if you haven't done so.

3. Please memorize dialogues 3 and 4 on page 157.

4. Read section 6.3 again on the genitive case. We will be working withtis
in class on Firday.

If you have any questions, e-mail me, and I'll try to get back to you.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Do svidaniya!

DC