Mac MS Word 98 and Russian

Andrew Hicks ah69 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Thu Feb 8 02:02:29 UTC 2001

I have been frustrated with Word 98 precisely because it is based on
Unicode, which is fine for general purposes but lousy for ours.
Specifically, Unicode doesn't contain accented vowels or exiled characters
like the jat' or izhitsa.  To my knowledge there is also no Unicode
standard for Church Slavonic.  This is a case where a growing adoption of
the industry standard may leave us higher and drier than we were before.