Viewing unicode with Eudora 5.02

Kjetil Rå Hauge K.R.Hauge at EAST.UIO.NO
Thu Jan 11 20:51:24 UTC 2001

>I use Eudora and when I get a message in unicode I right-click on the
>message and select "send to browser." Once the message appears in the
>browser I select view/encoding/unicode. This works for messages in koi-8
>encoding, as well (with the obvious difference that I select
>view/encoding/koi-8). My version of Eudora seems to recognize Windows
>Cyrillic (1251) automatically. I use Eudora 5.02. I don't think versions
>before 5.0 include the "send to browser" option when you right-click.

Eudora 5.01 for Mac (with system 9) recognises UTF-8 (Unicode)
automatically and without the help of a browser. It also has a vastly
improved search facility (as compared to version 3).
--
-- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo. Phone +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
-- (this msg sent from home, +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444)