Viewing unicode with Eudora 5.02

gthomson gthomson at MAC.COM
Fri Jan 12 10:08:52 UTC 2001

At 21:51 +0100 1/11/01, Kjetil RМ Hauge wrote:

>Eudora 5.01 for Mac (with system 9) recognises UTF-8 (Unicode)
>automatically and without the help of a browser.

What I find is that the extended headers sometimes have
charset=UTF-8, and other times charset=unicode. In the former case
Eudora 5.0 for Mac (with system 9) does convert the Cyrillic text
automatically, as you say. However, in the latter case it does not,
and none of the Eudora conversion tables that I have will
transliterate it. I've written to Qualcomm about this, but haven't
gotten a reply yet.

--
Greg Thomson
Research Associate