upper-level Czech

Leslie Farmer Zemedelec at AOL.COM
Tue Jan 16 16:44:23 UTC 2001

  I've been studying Czech for a couple of years, partly on my own in the US,
partly in classes in the Czech Republic (spent 1998 at the Letni Skola
Slovanskych Studii summer session in Brno, then spent 2 semesters (15 hours
of classes a week) with the MU Kabinet Cestiny pro Cinzince in 1999).  I'm
now living in New Orleans where Czech studies are virtually nonexistent.

I recapitulated the book I used in 1999 (Communicative Czech Intermediate,
Reskova/Pintarova) last semester through UNO's Critical Languages Program
just to keep in the groove.  (This program uses a nonprofessional
native-language "facilitator," but you're essentially on your own with the
text.)

Now I've run out of texts.  The facilitator is a nice kid but not
inventive--she does her job and goes.  I need something--ideally
higher-level, interactive tapes, if not, a higher-level text--which will prod
me forward.  Suggestions, anyone?

Leslie Farmer