Slovo o Polku Igorove Online?

Igor Silantev silantev at SSCADM.NSU.RU
Mon Jan 29 10:04:51 UTC 2001

Dear Colleagues,

My apologies for misunderstanding I have probably caused.

In Russian teaching practice we often use the expression 'original text' of
the Slovo bearing in mind, of course, only RECONSTRUCTED versions
(like ones made by D.S. Likhachev or O.V. Tvorogov) -- reconstructed
versions in OLD RUSSIAN. The oppositive expression would be 'Slovo in
translation into MODERN RUSSIAN'. Thus, in my inexact (unfortunately!)
remark the word 'original' is related only to linguistic nature of the
Slovo, but not to its proper textological status. And, of course, I
did not mean 'the manuscript text', or so called 'spisok' of the
Slovo.

Igor Silantev

>That really would be a triumph of modern technology!
>Will Ryan
>
>Charles Price wrote:
>
>> Does anyone happen to know a web page with Slovo o
>> Polku Igorove in the original script?

What does this "original script" mean? In Russian, in Old Russian
typography, or a facsimile of handwriting?
  I would have thought a decent publication such as the one published
by Bulanin was good enough. Incidentally, printing in a Adobe's PDF
format is a trivial work if you have a typographic work in mind.
(There are fonts and electronic version -- you can create one
easily if you wish, thanks to a modern OCR).
  I would create one rather than waste time searching it.

Cheers,

Tsuji