Fwd: on line Russian class

R_L roman at ADMIN.UT.EE
Wed Jan 31 22:12:38 UTC 2001

Dear Seelangsters,

maybe you could help Mila.
Please, reply off-list.

This is a forwarded message
From: Mia Miller <mmiller at totalmerchantservices.com>
To: roman at admin.ut.ee <roman at admin.ut.ee>
Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2001, 2:58:14 AM
Subject: on line Russian class

Dear Roman,
I was looking at your list of universities in the U.S. that offered Russian
programs, and the list is quite impressive-perhaps you could help me narrow
it down.  I have a 16 year old daughter who was adopted from Tallinn Estonia
when she was 12.  Now that she is in her freshman year at high school, she
needs to fulfill her second language requirement, and instead of starting a
third language, we have decided to have her maintain her native Russian.
There are no Russian classes offered at her high school, or a local
community college, and there are no school district approved tutors.  Can
you please recommend a few on line Russian classes to me?  My daughter has
not really spoken the language for about 2 1/2 years, but I know she would
pick it up very fast.
I will be anxiously awaiting your reply (as will her school district).
Thank you very much for your attention in this matter!
Sincerely,
Mia Miller
Phone: 888-848-6825-day
Fax: 888-918-6825