Mailing large stuff to Russia

Michael Yadroff myadroff at INDIANA.EDU
Tue Jul 10 22:32:36 UTC 2001

Dear SEELANGers,

I'm going to Moscow for a long time and I need to send some of my
things separately
(computers and computer related stuff, books, etc.). The IU Office of
International Services referred me to Pak Mail, but when I called
them it turned out that it'd cost me $1695.02 (sea mail for one unit
of 600 pound/50 cubic feet - this is the smallest unit for this sort
of shipment). It's way too much for me. Do anyone out there have any
experience with sending big stuff overseas? I'd appreciate any leads
for much cheaper options.

Misha