Brodskij and alia

Giampaolo Gandolfo gpgandolfo at IOL.IT
Thu Jul 12 08:41:12 UTC 2001

        I seem to remember that there is a poem by Josip Brodskij,
called "Homage to Chekhov" (or the like). Can anyome help me
recollect some information on it?

        I am also looking for recordings of the following music:
Sonya's final monologue from Chekhov's Dyadya Vanya set to music by Rakhmaninov
Peshchnoe deistvo by Aleksandr Kastal'skij (1856-1926)
Aleksandr Griboyedov's (the author of Woe from Wit) valses
Operas by early Russian composers, such as Matinskij, Fomin, Pashkevic

        Thank you for your help

                                GiampaoloGandolfo