plastic bags

Ralph Cleminson ralph.cleminson at PORT.AC.UK
Mon Jul 16 14:25:18 UTC 2001

> Prof. Dr. Armin Hetzer wrote:

> And what about kulëk? In Collins' GEM dictionary the meaning would be
> "mat-bag". That's why you need the adjective. In other minor
> dictionaries the entry kulëk is lacking at all.

What on earth is a mat-bag?

Ožegov defines "kulëk" as "nebol'šoj bumažnyj mešoèek", but I must
say the word seems to be uncommon except in the speech of
Russophone Ukrainians.

R.M.Cleminson,
Professor of Slavonic Studies,
University of Portsmouth,
Park Building,
King Henry I Street,
Portsmouth PO1 2DZ
tel. +44 23 92 846143, fax: +44 23 92 846040