Copyright Monitoring

Alex Rudd AHRJJ at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Fri Mar 9 07:15:40 UTC 2001

Dear SEELANGS members,

As several of you have posted to the list in the
past with questions having to do with Copyright
in Russia, I thought you might like to read the
following message that was posted to another list
to which I subscribe:

--- Begin ---

From: cooper <cooper at azbooka.spb.ru>
Subject: Copyright Monitoring

The Copyright Monitoring Site is happy to announce that it is now up
and running www.copyright-monitoring.ru

We plan to devote our pages to information about how copyright is being
observed in various cultural fields in St. Petersburg particularly
and in Russia generally.

The Site is the official news outlet for the program Copyright Monitoring
in Culture Management and in Non-Commercial and Electronic Publishing in
St. Petersburg and in the North-West of the Russian Federation.

The program is run by the V.V. Nabokov Museum in St. Petersburg and
supported by the Culture Committee of St. Petersburg's Administration,
by the Open Society Institute (George Soros Foundation), by the US
General Consulate in St. Petersburg, and by the CEC International
Partnership Fund.

Some of the site's contents will be reference material and some will be
news about pressing problems and about interesting cases of how Russian
Copyright and Subsidiary Rights Laws are being observed.

Among our pages are:"News", "Intellectua=C4 Property and the Law", "Museums
and Galleries", "Theater and Music", "E-publishing and Internet",
"Publishing", "Auhtors' Societies and Agencies", "Forum", "NewsLetter".

If you fill in a form at the page "NewsLetter" we shall e-mail you
on all updates of the site
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/sendnews.asp

Today's news (January-February, 2001)

Copyright Monitoring Center - what's this?
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/center.html
Sociological survey: Do Russians know of copyright?
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/research.html
Conferences and workshops
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/workshops.html
Intellectual property in Russia
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/property.html
Problems of copyright observance in Russia
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/problems.html
Copyright in Museums
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/museums.html
Copyright and Interntet
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/e-publish.html
Copyright in Russian publishing
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/publish.html
Authors' Societies and Agencies
http://www.copyright-monitoring.ru/en/organiz.html

Next issue(February-March, 2001)

Russia and international copyright acts
Specially for the site "Copyright Monitoring": Publishing a foreign
writer in Russia
Licensing agreement: what the Russian Law says
Copyright in theatres: Why theatre director is not an author?
Choreography and copyright.

If you have questions about this site, please don't address them
to me or the list.  You can contact the editor of the site at
cooper at azbooka.spb.ru.

FYI.

Alex Rudd                ahrjj at cunyvm.cuny.edu            ARS KA2ZOO
{Standard Disclaimer}    http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/