Tchaikovsky Conservatory

Robert De Lossa rdelossa at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Tue Mar 13 04:19:44 UTC 2001

Not surprisingly, the Kiev Tchaikovsky Conservatory is in Kiev and
the Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory is in Moscow. (Evidently he was
good enough to merit at least two conservatories.)

For a discussion of Tchaikovsky's Ukrainian aspects, see Yakov
Soroker's "Ukrainian Musical Elements in Classical Music" (1995; ISBN
1-895571-06-5).

Cheers,

Robert De Lossa

>As I looked through the messages on the list, I found that the
>Mourka's message raised the controversy of (the) Ukraine being part
>of Russia.
>Though disputable as this issue may be, I still think that the
>Tchaikovsky Conservatory is in Moscow, not in Kiev.

Robert De Lossa
Director of Publications
Ukrainian Research Institute, Harvard University
1583 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
617-496-8768; fax. 617-495-8097
reply to: rdelossa at fas.harvard.edu
http://www.huri.harvard.edu