MSWord 2000

Wed Mar 14 16:09:50 UTC 2001

Renee Stillings wrote:

> The biggest practical advantage I have found so far with Word 2000 and
> actually the full office 2000 is that you can now toggle (alt+tab)
> between files rather than having to go to the Window menu and change
> documents (you can still do that too, if you prefer). Seems trivial,
> but in practicality a major improvement. Especially if you need to do
> any cutting/pasting, or general comparison of multiple docs. That
> reason is enough alone to upgrade.

Older versions of Word, like many Windows programs, allow you to switch
from document to document using CTRL-F6. You need not mess with the
Window menu. However, if you have a large number of documents open at
once, it's usually easier to use the menu than to do CTRL-F6, CTRL-F6,
CTRL-F6, CTRL-F6, CTRL-F6, CTRL-F6, ... until the one you want pops up.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com