Dictionary advice

Loren Billings billings at KMUTT.AC.TH
Tue Mar 27 06:58:43 UTC 2001

Mary Delle LeBeau wrote:

> Dear SEELANGers,
>
> I am searching for two different kinds of dictionaries for a friend
> in Moscow who works as a translator.  She has asked me to find her a
> dictionary of abbreviations, particularly ones in use in English
> currently.  In addition, she would like a dictionary of business
> letter "cliches".  By this she means phrases in current use by the
> business community in correspondence.  I assume she means American
> English for both, but I would be glad to hear of all suggestions, as
> the books may be comparable.

from another list. Apparently this site includes an on-line corpus of business
correspondence.  --Loren

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:40:46 +0900
From: SOMEYA, Yasumasa <someya at kamakuranet.ne.jp>
Subject: Online BLC KWIC Concordancer (update)

Dear Linguists:

I've been receiving inquiries from some of the list members
about my online BLC KWIC Concordancer (BLC = Business Letter
Corpus), saying that they've been denied access to the
concordancer.

The concordancer is now located at the following new address:

http://cgi9.freeweb.ne.jp/school/ysomeya/

Sorry for not informing you of this change in the URL addresses
a bit more earlier and for any inconvenience that this may
have caused you. My email address has also been changed (see
below).

Regards,

Yasumasa Someya <someya at kamakuranet.ne.jp>
Ph.D. in progress
Graduate Department of Language and Information Sciences
University of Tokyo

--

Loren A. BILLINGS, Ph.D. <billings at kmutt.ac.th>

Department of Applied Linguistics
School of Liberal Arts [office: room 207]
King Mongkut's University of Technology Thonburi
Pracha U-Tit Road, Thungkru, Ratburana
Bangkok 10140 THAILAND