Re.Britannica

Uladzimir Katkouski katkovski at OSI.HU
Tue Mar 27 12:07:14 UTC 2001

Katarìna Peitlovà,Ph.D. wrote:

> As for "Beloruska":it is neither  Czech nor Slovak language.
> It will be "Bielorusko"  or "Bieloruskà republika" for Slovak language.

I see. Thanks for the correction and sorry about the mistake. I guess it's
just my "akannie" that deceived me in this case ;). By the way, I had quite
a few other corrections from other SEELANGS subscribers. To those who I
haven't answered privately yet, I'd like to extend my greatest thanks. I'll
write back. FYI, one of the subscribers allegedly knows the author of the
Britannica articles for "Belarusian language", "Grand Duchy of Lithuania",
and "Belarus" - he claims it is a British professor with a degree in
geography who has no expertise in history.

Sincerely,
U.K.