Mikhailovsky, e-texts, and translation problems

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Tue Mar 27 15:04:59 UTC 2001

Dear Mark,
Oy! Why didn't I think of that? Thanks so much.

<|><|><|><|><|><|><|>
Michael A. Denner
Russian Studies Department
Campus Unit 8361
Stetson University
DeLand, FL 32720
904.822.7265

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU]On Behalf Of Mark Conliffe
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 7:59 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: Mikhailovsky, e-texts, and translation problems

Hi Michael,

You may have an answer for your Mikhailovsky search already, but here's what
found at the back of Donna Orwin's book, Tolstoy's Art and Thought,
1847-1880:
"Desnica i shuica L'va Tolstogo." In Sochineniia N.K. Mikhailovskogo, 3:
424-59,
484-551.  St. Petersburg:  Izdanie redakcii zhurnala "Russkoe Bogatstvo,"
1897.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Michael Denner wrote:

> Dear SEELANGers,
>
> A farrago:
>
> 1) Does anyone have handy a reference to either the English or Russian of
> Mikhailovsky's "Right and Left Hand of Tolstoy" (1875 I think). I need to
> interlibrary loan the article, and have had no luck finding a likely
volume
> in catalogs. Please send me off list the title and, if possible, the year
of
> publication and editor of the volume.
>
> 2) I just came across far and away the best e-text site for Russian texts
in
> Russian: http://lib.km.ru/cgi-bin/library.cgi. I poked around a bit, and
was
> surprised to find things I hadn't heretofore seen on such sites: an
> excellent Gogol section, all of Pasternak's poetry, most (if not all) of
> Nabokov's Russian novels, a good mix of Dostoevsky, some strange Tolstoy
> texts that incl. Detstvo. There's also a database of Akvarium, Kino, et
al.
> lyrics and a pretty respectable collection of Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres
> (mostly translation from English). Particularly nice is the fact that it's
> all in zipped text files that can be downloaded in toto & unpacked into
Word