kenosis

P.Bullock p.bullock at BANGOR.AC.UK
Fri Mar 30 19:21:12 UTC 2001

Dear SEELANGers

Two queries regarding kenosis:

1) a) What main translations have there been of the Bible into Russian?;
   b) How have Philippians 2: 7-8 been translated (in English: 'Christ
emptied himself [the words which give us the Greek kenosis], taking the
form of a servant and was born in our human likeness.  Being found in
human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death
on a cross')?;
2) a) is there a standard translation of 'kenosis' in Russian?
   b) could anyone suggest any reading about Russian Christology?

Large topics, I know, and I shall be grateful for any comments.
Philip Bullock

Dr Philip Ross Bullock
Lecturer in Russian
School of Modern Languages