Aleksandr Kushner

Elisabeth Ghysels ElisabethG at YUCOM.BE
Fri May 18 10:26:50 UTC 2001

Dear Seelangers,

Reading Kushners poem 'Pod zanaves', one tends to see this curtain as the
Iron Curtain, which separates him from another world, especially because in
the second stanza appears the world 'iron'. But our Russian Literature
professor rejected fully this interpretation, seeing this poem merely as a
love poem, a farewell to the beloved one.
I would be grateful to hear different opinions on this theme.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth Ghysels