Ticket requirements for entering Russia

James E Brown jebrown at HAWAII.EDU
Tue May 22 17:13:19 UTC 2001

I recently wrote the Russian consulate about ticket requirements for
entering Russia.  I received the answer that one only needs to present a
roundtrip  ticket to get a transit visa but this was not my concern.  I
wanted to know if you need to have a roundtrip ticket in hand when
entering Russia. Before, when I went to Russia it was always for a short
time and I always had a roundtrip ticket. Now I'm going for a longer time
and I don't know the exact day that I want to return which makes getting a
roundtrip ticket difficult. Can anyone give me any information on this?

:> James E. Brown
University of Hawaii