History of Slavonic languages

J.Dunn at SLAVONIC.ARTS.GLA.AC.UK J.Dunn at SLAVONIC.ARTS.GLA.AC.UK
Tue May 29 11:19:21 UTC 2001

For some of us poor, benighted, culturally-deprived souls the fun does not
begin until you get to the history of the Slavonic languages, though I
accept that capturing the ludic essence of language history in print has
proved somewhat elusive.  I did, however, find the following curiosity in
Moscow a few years ago:

Tat'jana Mironova, Neobychajnoe puteshestvie v Drevnjuju Rus': Grammatika
drevnerusskogo jazyka dlja detej, Moscow, Roman-gazeta, 1994.

For some people this would no doubt qualify as child abuse.

John Dunn.

>Stephen asked: "Does anyone know of any fun books/courses about the history
>of Slavonic languages?"
>
>I say: By the time you get to the history of Slavonic languages, fun has had
>its day.
>
>Genevra Gerhart
>
>http://www.members.home.net/ggerhart
>New email address: ggerhart at home.com