History of Slavonic languages

Rodney Patterson krylya at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 31 12:27:53 UTC 2001

Dear Matthew,
   Sounds as if it's a go. If you have that much to put out, I'd do the
metroland ad. I think the library gets away with the garage sale thing
because it isn't a store! So it wouldn't have sales tax to begin with--but
we do, and we have to skim the 8 percent off...or else do the tax outside,
which is a pain for the pennies.
   Is anyone else going to be there that Sat. to help--or just us? I could
ask Rod to see if Darryl and Greg (his former students who've helped before)
might come. What time does art on lark start? We need to be there earlier to
get things started or it is pretty zoo-ey. Also, Pat sometimes has come
earlier than usual so she can keep an eye on the inside.
   I'll try to dig up Mary's number and give her a ring. By the way, if you
have 2500 to send, send it now or it may not get there in time for this
fiscal year. YYou can always send more after the sale. Don't worry about the
amount. I think you are doing a fine job, and we all knew that this would be
a transitional year--many didn't think the store would stay at all after I
left...so this is all to the good.
  Thanks for everything.  Sally