The Czechs prosecute political views

Jan Čulík jcu2 at CABLEOL.CO.UK
Sat Nov 3 14:26:54 UTC 2001

I was bemused to receive a gentle reprimand from Alex Rudd, the
administrator of this list, who told me that my info about the current
infringements of freedom of speech in the Czech Republic  does not fall
within the theme of "Slavonic Languages and Literatures".

Well, where come from (Prague) the issue of literature has always been
closely connected with the issue of freedom of speech - it is impossible to
divide the two. I find it remarkable that some students of Slavonic
Languages and Literatures might not understand this.

Also, a distrubing whiff of political correctness exudes from Mr. Rudd´s
note, so I sign off  and leave you to your deliberations.

Jan Culik