The Czech prosecute political views

Neil Bermel N.Bermel at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Nov 6 17:57:41 UTC 2001

Posting a tremendously long message and then signing off a list does
violate a lot of rules of the game.  So we can certainly accuse Jan
Culik of a breach of etiquette, but -- being off-topic?  SEELANGS
sees lots of postings that have a far more tangential connection to
Slavic language and literature then Jan's.  If they concern Slavic
cultures and society and are *short*, list members seem to accept
them (or delete them).  I'd hate to think we're moving toward close
topical monitoring of the list, when up till now the members of the list
have proved perfectly capable of defining its remit.

Neil

Neil Bermel
Sheffield University
Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies
Arts Tower, Western Bank
Sheffield S10 2TN United Kingdom
telephone (+44) (0)114 222 7405
fax (+44) (0)114 222 7416