We do not want real information

LEKX at AOL.COM LEKX at AOL.COM
Mon Nov 5 16:12:27 UTC 2001

In a message dated 11/5/2001 5:16:23 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
lesley at TOTALTRANCE.COM writes:

>  CENSHORSHIP ON THIS LIST
>
>  The readers of this list might perhaps be interested that after providing
>  you with information about certain problems with freedom of speech in the
>  Czech Republic two days ago, the administrators of the list have barred my
>  access to the list, although I had already signed off... :)
>
>  I would like to remind them that freedom of speech is indivisible and that
>  by such action they are making themselves look ludicrous.
>
>  What is more important, they devalue all other information published on
this
>  list because its users will from now always wonder what else has been
>  suppressed.
>
>  This is a one-off contribution, since this is obviously NOT the forum for
>  free dissemination of information about East European issues.
>
>  Before I do so, I include another item from the Czech Republic, which
>  hopefully might satisfy Alex Rudd, the censor on this list. Although I do
>  not know - the item deals with publishing but I am not sure whether it
deals
>  with literature.
>
>  Those who wish to contact me can write to jcu2 at cableol.co.uk
>
>  Jan Culik
>  University of Glasgow

Dear SEELANGers,

 I believe that all us understand that this is a special interest group not a
news forum yet if you (SEELANGS)allow this kind of censorship of Jan Culik,
it is censoring me  and you as well. I can understand stopping someone who
become highly abusive or is totally off the mark, this was not the case here.
I'm afraid I see red when someone else decides what I see or hear. This List
has just stopped serving me , just the reverse. I cannot do much about this
other than say what I've just said and get off this list.  Good Luck!

Alex Efimenko