"retreat"

Janneke van de Stadt Janneke.vandeStadt at williams.edu
Wed Nov 7 17:01:01 UTC 2001

>    Could you explain what your student understands by "retreat," and then it
>might be easier to express that activity even if such an activity is not
found
> in
>the practice of the Orthodox Church.

What my student means by a retreat, and I believe this is what is generally
understood, is a trip, usually to a secluded place, to deal with or discuss
anything from a general topic to a specific issue. In the case of church
retreats, it also involves prayer, meditation, or quite reflection.

Janneke