repeated

Uladzimir Katkouski uladzik at MAILBOX.HU
Thu Nov 8 21:06:27 UTC 2001

This message never appeared on the list although the "CC-ed" respondent
recieved it ok, which means it was sent for sure! In any case I'll try
to post it again on SEELANGS:

date: Wed Nov 07 10:11 2001 +0100
to: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
from: uladzik at mailbox.hu
cc: rydel23 at yahoo.com
subject: Re: The Czech prosecute political views

Just two very personal observations:

1) That's the ONLY list where the issue of censorship keeps coming up
(whether it's for the good or for the bad), although I am subscribed to
a dozen of other discussion lists. Maybe the moderator should just be
more lenient?

2) I think that the original message about the publisher was NOT
off-topic, although I personally don't post similar news from Belarus,
although there would be many many more of those (on a daily basis, in
fact!), starting with the attacks against Vasil Bykau and him having to
leave for Germany and ending with Committee of Print warnings given to
our best independent magazines and newspapers, government closing
certain Web sites on 9th and 10th of September during the elections,
etc., etc.

Regards,
U.K.