Broadband VESTI from RTR

Edward Dumanis dumanis at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Sat Oct 6 18:22:09 UTC 2001

Benjamin Sher wrote:

> Dear friends:
>
> For those of you who have a  broadband connection to the Internet (DSL,
> Cable, Wireless), may I highly recommend the daily news reports of Vesti
> on RTR (http://www.ptp.ru). Please note that the transliterated address
> is "...ptp..." and NOT "...rtr..." The audio/video quality of the
> broadcast is excellent and the production values of the news program are
> first-rate.
>
> RTR's Live Programming ("Priamaia translatsiia"") at the very top of the
> home page (left) appears to be dead. So, don't bother. The treasure
> trove is elsewhere and consists of taped video clips.

Following the road map from Benjamin Sher, I had a deviation from it finding
that if you click directly on Radio Rosii, you will get a direct broadcast from
that station.
Try it.
Radio Mayak did not work. I had an error message "Server bandwidth exceeded."

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at acsu.buffalo.edu>