Winter School in Tver, Russia

renyxa renyxa at REDLINE.RU
Tue Oct 9 07:14:46 UTC 2001

Dear list members,

I am writing to inform you of our upcoming Seventh Annual Winter School
of Applied Russian Studies at the International Institute of Russian
Language and Culture (IIRLC) in Tver, Russia.

The Winter School will run from January 3 through February 22, 2002.
Students may choose to attend the entire program or come for as little
as two weeks.  We welcome participants at all language levels and from
all educational and professional backgrounds.

The program of the Winter School combines four hours of Russian language

instruction daily with regular afternoon sessions on Russian history,
literature, and area studies. Homestays and an extensive cultural and
excursion program round out the immersion experience.  Winter provides
an exceptional opportunity to experience real Russian holiday
traditions, and we will celebrate Christmas, the "old" New Year, and
Maslenitsa with our students.

The IIRLC employs a team of experienced instructors who are experts in
teaching Russian as a foreign language at all levels. Area studies
courses are taught by both IIRLC staff and guest instructors from Tver
State University and elsewhere. Our friendly support staff arranges
homestays, excursions and informal gatherings, and helps students become

familiar with life in Tver.

The medium-sized city of Tver (population 500,000), located 170 km
north-west of Moscow on the main route between Moscow and St.
Petersburg, is an ideal learning environment. With its numerous
educational and cultural institutions, active political life,
flourishing media, and diversified industries, Tver offers students of
contemporary Russia many opportunities to hone their language skills
while enjoying the hospitality of the Russian provinces.

Please contact me at infodesk at postman.ru if you have any questions about

our Winter School.  Please note also that the IIRLC offers an annual
Summer School, semester programs, and courses and internships that are
tailored to the individual student. I would be happy to send you more
information and correspond with you further about any of our programs,
and can also send you a complete paper brochure by post on request. You
may also wish to explore our web site at www.volga.net.

Sincerely yours,

Marina Oborina
Academic Programs Director
International Institute of Russian Language and Culture
Tver InterContact Group