How Americans Look at Russia - Summary

Leslie D. Davis serapion at UMICH.EDU
Wed Oct 17 14:38:18 UTC 2001

Margarita,

Thanks for sharing your film list.  I also wanted to add my two kopeks -
how about _Reds_ (Warren Beattie, Diane Keaton)?  It's been years since
I've seen it, but I seem to recall there was some Russian spoken in it.

Also, consider the fact that, for many Americans of a particular age
group,  Boris's and Natasha's were the very first Russian accents ever
encountered.  What does this say about our collective psyche?

Best,

Leslie

Leslie Dorfman Davis
Student Advisor                                 LS&A Academic Advisor
Office of International Programs                1255 Angell Hall
G513 Michigan Union                             University of Michigan
University of Michigan                          Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1003
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1349                        For appointments, call
Tel:    (734)764-4311                           (734)764-0332
Fax:    (734)764-3229

One never knows, do one? --  Thomas "Fats" Waller