The Legacy of Historical Trauma Website

Serguei Alex. Oushakine sao15 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Sep 10 17:22:44 UTC 2001

From: Bonnie Poon <bpoon at legacyofabsence.org>

WE ARE PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THE LAUNCH OF THE LEGACY PROJECT WEBSITE
www.legacy-project.org

Our site offers an opportunity to join in a global dialogue about the
aftermath of the violent traumas of the 20th century.  Featured sections of
the site include a visual arts library; a filmography, and scholarly
discussions.  The Legacy Events Index provides easy access to all the
materials on the site, connecting them to the traumatic events that inspired
them.  <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Special highlights include:

*
A video introduction to The Legacy Project narrated by Donald Sutherland.
*
The Legacy Project's inaugural virtual exhibition The Art of Afterwards.
*
The opening of The Legacy Project's virtual symposium, bringing together
experts on remembrance issues from around the world.  Our first discussion
focuses on the division of India, Looking Back on Partition.

We will continually update and expand the site, so don't forget to bookmark
www.legacy-project.org and come back often!

 Sincerely,

 The Legacy Project

Please Note:   In conjunction with the launch of our website, The Legacy
Project staff have new email addresses as follows:
cchanin at legacy-project.org
bpoon at legacy-project.org
lsmith at legacy-project.org