Noam Chomsky: On the Bombings

Michael S. Flier flier at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Sep 13 03:03:06 UTC 2001

Dear Mr. Niekrasz:

I beg to differ.  Participation in a bulletin is not a right, but a
privilege granted by the "owner," in this case Alex Rudd.  When one
subscribes to a bulletin board and is granted access, it is with the
implicit agreement that the subscriber will abide by the guidelines
established by the owner.  SEELANGS is meant primarily for topics of
interest to teachers of Slavic and East European languages and
literatures.  A reasonable person would expect that said topics would have
something to do with Slavic and East European languages and literatures.

It would be useful if Alex himself would clarify his views on this issue.

Michael Flier