News from the CIS countries about the NY Disaster

FRISON Philippe Philippe.FRISON at COE.INT
Thu Sep 13 16:00:04 UTC 2001

   Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:36:37 -0500
   From: "Kevin \(Abdul Khadir\) Miller" <kevmille at indiana.edu>
Subject: Islam.ru: The Mufti of Povolzhye is speaking about the terrorist
acts in the U.S.A.: " A religious person is not capable of doing this"

The Mufti of Povolzhye is speaking about the terrorist acts in the U.S.A.: "
A religious person is not capable of doing this"

The Chairman of the Muslim Clerical Department of Povolzhye Mufti Mukhaddas
Bibarsov has declared to the "Islam.Ru" in the interview, that a religious
person - a Muslim, a Christian or a Jewish can not be involved in the
terrorist acts, which took place in Washington and New-York on September,
11th, 2001". " The tragedy that took place in the U.S.A., was a keen sorrow
for al the people of our planet. However, there are politicians ( the
Minister of Israel Natan Sh'aranskiy is one of them) who are (on every
Channel of Mass Media), using their political goals and the tragic
situation, making conclusions that it were Muslims who provoked the
terrorist acts. I have no doubts that Muslims don't have such an amount of
money, which has been spent on the explosion organizing. Also I'd like to
stress that terrorist acts are not beneficial first of all for Muslims"-
Bibarsov said.