Robots in film

Jason Merrill jmerrill at drew.edu
Tue Sep 25 22:30:19 UTC 2001

Dear Seelangers,
        I was asked by several respondents to provide a summary of the answers
about robots in Russian and Eastern European film.  Thanks to all who
replied.  Here are the suggestions I received:
        1.  Lev Kassil's 1936 film "Vratar'" ["The Goalie"].  This is available
at RBC.
        2.  A film version of Karel Capek's "Rossum's Universal
Robots", which at least on respondent recalls viewing.
        3.  Echoes of robots in Vertov's animation of the inanimate in his
films.
        4.  an old children's film "Tajna zheleznoj dveri" with such famous
actors as Alisa Frejndlich and Oleg Tabakov; there was an important
robot, a character in the film rather.

That's what I have so far; please send additional suggestions to me at
jmerrill at drew.edu.  Spasibo!