Difference in Russian and American perception

Valery Belyanin vbelyanin at MTU-NET.RU
Thu Sep 27 23:58:31 UTC 2001

Bonjour Seelangers,
On Wednesday, 26-th a very good Russian newspaper "Moscow News"
(2001 N 39) has published an interesting article on how some
Russians negatively reacted on the well known events.
(Vyacheslav Gurevich "Internet: Ours against "Americosos"").
(There some quotations of obscenic language, do not read if
you think you may be hurt:)

I wanted to put my observation of the same phenomena into words also,
but I decided first to write on the perception of Americans first.
And I meant that it is quite opposite than that of Russians
(I have witnessed several acts of this kind in Moscow).
Almost in every point.
"Oryel plachet, no ne sdayetsa" such title was given to my article
in the same issue: http://www.mn.ru/issue.php?2001-39-43
All comments and criticism are welcome (off-list).
Truly Yours, Dr. Val Belyanin
Professor of Russian, Moscow State University <www.cie.ru>