Eugene Onegin criticism

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Mon Dec 9 17:34:13 UTC 2002

Dear SEELANGers,

I'm finishing syllabus for a course on Pushkin and _Eugene Onegin_ next
semester, and I thought I'd solicit opinion/advice from list members for
secondary criticism on EO. All the students are either native speakers or
intermediate/advanced Russian students. I'm looking for another 3-5 pieces
of criticism in English (I don't think it realistic to expect some of the
students to read criticism in Russian) that represent the best & most
approachable articles on the work -- they can be literary criticism,
socio-historical pieces, biographical, whatever.

If anyone wants to throw out a few suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. I
don't need full citation -- just author and an approximation of the title.

Thanks in advance for your help,
mad

Michael A. Denner
Russian Studies Program